Over the course of four days, the Bersin Impact show brings together the who’s who of the HR world under one building. It’s the biggest and most important conference for discovering new HR trends and recent findings from research about employee engagement strategies. Each session is led by renowned industry leaders, which makes it difficult to decide which ones to attend.
But have you checked out the agenda? There are quite a few outstanding sessions that will make your head spin. So we’re making it easier for you to decide. Here are the top picks for each day during the conference:
Monday, April 25
Global Mobility: A Moving Tale
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Andrea Derler, Ph.D., Manager of Leadership and Succession Management Research at Bersin by Deloitte
Meet with other like-minded professionals who are responsible for global workforces to share industry best practices. In this interactive roundtable session, you'll learn how to:
- Prepare leaders for global assignments and new cultures
- Identify employees who are able to succeed in global assignments
- Create a process for reintegrating employees after they've returned from an international assignment
People Analytics: Moving Up the Maturity Curve
3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Josh Bersin, Principal at Bersin by Deloitte
Madhura Chakrabarti, Ph.D., Research Manager of Talent Analytics at Bersin by Deloitte
Think you're an expert in people analytics? Join other executives in charge of people-related data to:
- Discuss how they're building analytics capabilities
- Learn how to use predictive analytics, tools, and technology
- Share experiences and learn from each other
Opening Reception6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Mix and mingle with top HR professionals from around the world!
Tuesday, April 26
Leadership Development in Times of Change
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Debra France, Ed.D., Leadership Development at W.L. Gore & Associates
Sam Haider, Global Head of Talent Development at Atlassian Software
Madhuri Kumar, Ph.D., Global Organization Effectiveness Leader at Halliburton
Christina Rasieleski, Senior Consultant at Bersin by Deloitte
Change is one of the most sensitive and difficult challenges for any organization. And in order to keep up with the constantly changing landscape of the workplace, leadership development is also facing a shift. In this session, you'll learn about:
- Leadership development and skills for flat, team-centric organizations
- The value of experiential leadership development
- Ways to lead diverse workforces to maximize talent
Enabling Continuous Learning
11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
Kristy d'Ambrosio, Senior Consultant of Member Advisory at Bersin by Deloitte
Derek Hann, Chief Learning Officer at PayPal
Deborah Johnson, Chief Learning Officer at Deloitte Consulting
Continuous learning is different than any other L&D model since most are focused on providing training during a specific point in time. In this session, you'll:
- Learn how to move beyond traditional L&D models
- Discover how organizations enable continuous learning
What Do Employees Really Want? Using Employee Engagement Survey Data to Change the Workplace3:45 - 4:45 p.m.
Robin Erickson, Ph.D., Vice President of Talent Acquisition, Retention, Engagement, and Culture at Bersin by Deloitte
Mary Faulkner, Head of Talent Acquisition and Management at Denver Water
Pam Rincones, Senior Vice President and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Fifth Third Bancorp
The power of employee engagement surveys is that they can reveal unexpected results. But workers don't expect any chance to come as a result from these types of surveys. HR professionals who have experience using engagement surveys and data to change their culture will discuss:
- How different groups at work respond to surveys
- How they've changed their company survey practices over time
- How they've used data in discussions with leadership to create action plans for change
Wednesday, April 27
Designing Cultural Transformation: Aspiration Meets Outcome
8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Janice Semper, Leader of GE Culture
There's a good reason why GE has been around for more than 130 years — they're constantly reengineering their operation model and culture. GE has recently embarked to become the prenier digital industrial company, and they're changing the way their employees work. In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Create a competency of experimentation that's focused on customers and collaboration
- Develop a real-time approach to employee performance and development
- Create impactful strategies to engage employees
Redesigning Performance Management for Increased Agility
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Candace Atamanik, Research Manager at Bersin by Deloitte
Christina Rasieleski, Senior Consultant of the Member Advisory Team at Bersin by Deloitte
The Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends 2015 found that a mere 10% of those surveyed said they believed that performance management drives engagement. But they also discovered that goal-oriented models can predict higher levels of talent management maturity. In this session, you'll:
- Learn about the practical steps involved in transforming performance management
- Assess the current state of your own organization's performance management
- Determine how to move towards a more agile performance process
High-Impact Leadership: Adopting a Systemic Approach to Growing Leaders
11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
Andrea Derler, Ph.D., Research Manager at Bersin by Deloitte
Eunyun Park, Ph.D., Head of Research Methods at Bersin by Deloitte
There's a capability gap (the difference between what we expect our of leaders and what they're actually prepared for) that's getting wider and wider every year in the workplace. In this session, you'll learn about:
- The current state of leadership development programs in various organizations
- The factors within an organization's work environment that contribute to highly effective leadership
- The innovative leader development approaches uncovered by the Bersin by Deloitte's 2016 High-Impact Leadership research
Emerging From the ATS Black Hole: Candidate Experience Success Stories1:45 - 2:25 p.m.
Cherie Bescript, Senior Consultant of the Member Advisory at Bersin by Deloitte
Diane Borhani, Director of Talent Best Practices and Innovation at Deloitte
Terri Gregos, Managing Director and Head of Recruitment Marketing at BNY Mellon
Is your hiring process — boring job descriptions, complicated applications, robotic automated responses — scaring away candidates? In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Use application-tracking technology to your advantage
- Make memorable initial contacts with candidates
- Leverage pipelines, referral networks, and social communities for hiring advantages
Thursday, April 28
Becoming an Irresistible Organization: Accelerating Action Planning to Drive Employee Engagement
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
David A. Dye, Ph.D., Director of Human Capital at Deloitte Consulting
Max Meyers, Senior Consultant of Human Capital at Deloitte Consulting
Learn how to translate engagement priorities into action plans based off of Bersin by Deloitte's Simply Irresistible Organization Framework. In this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Collect and analyze engagement data in more agile, actionable ways
- Apply an accelerated process to turn data into action
- Prototype top strategies that define how to build organizational support to execute strategies at a local level
TINYpulse is organizing an exciting networking cruise event. It's invite only, so if you're interested in attending, please contact kevin @ tinypulse.com.