The results are in, and Stromsoe Insurance Agency is a winner of the TINYpulse Happiest Company Award in the Finance & Insurance Industry. They maintained the highest happiness score over a period of six months.
You’re probably wondering how we measure workplace happiness ...
Once a month, we ask employees at over 500 companies around the world how happy they are at work. We separated the companies into 14 different industries then track the average happiness score for each organization.
About Stromsoe Insurance Agency
Stromsoe Insurance Agency hails from Riverside County in California. And being from the sushine state, you can bet the it's always bright and bubby in their office.
As an independent insurance firm, they're in the business of making sure their clients are in good hands. So because these employees are dealing with customers on a daily basis, you can bet the organization always has employee engagement top of mind.
We got a chance to speak with the team to go behind the scenes of the organization to find out what makes Stromsoe Insurance Agency one of the best places to work. They crowdsourced their interview, so let's check out what their employees had to say.
Q: What was the funniest recognition you’ve ever received?
- Being told I was “the Bomb.”
- Someone told me I was “Da Best.”
- When my temporary employment became permanent.
- My hair smells AMAZING.
- Silly string fight in the office. I walked around the corner, and a client was sitting at an agent's desk. They asked if it was his fault (pointing at me). She said, "yes," handed the client the silly string can, and we immediately engaged in a silly string fight ... We could not stop laughing.
- I received a Highest Company Achievement Award, which was a hot pink custom hard hat. It was awesome, but silly to wear.
- After my 90 days and after our leader had made the decision to keep me. At an agency meeting, in a joking way, he asked for a hand count of who thought I should stay. Everyone raised their hands. We all laughed and it made a fun office memory for me.
Q: What was the happiest moment at work?
- My team spontaneously gave me a leadership award. The multiple birthday surprises are not far too.
- Tough to pick the happiest. There are days when I get a thank you from someone, and it makes my day. There are exciting days when we do Wheel of Fortune. Generally, when the team is all in an upbeat mood, then we have success!
- Wheel of Fortune, evenings out with spouses, and off-site meetings.
- There are so many. But if I have to choose, it would be our annual Christmas breakfast as a team.
- When I was recognized for my hard work and dedication and given a raise.
- Happiest moment at work is being told by your client that your hard work is appreciated.
- Winning the Biggest Loser Contest.
- The singing telegram that was sent for Mike’s birthday. Everyone was enjoying it, had fun watching, and celebrating. I have never seen a singing telegram and thought it was cool.
- I have an amazing time at our offsite meetings. They are always a blast as we get to share ideas and all work together to tighten up the agency systems etc. I feel we all have a say in the office systems and the workflow and its really awesome to collaborate with the team
- When my 90 days came and Stromsoe decided to make me a permanent member of the team. I value this agency, and being able to be a permanent contributing member is a happy feeling.
Q: What kind of fun activities does your company participate in?
- Lots. Silly hat day, silly sock day, on-site masseuse, closing the office for lunch and hanging out to celebrate wins, miniature golf outings, breakfast outings, limos to dinner, dressing up for holidays. We have a list of other fun things we do.
- Off-site group activities: comedy club, restaurant gatherings, birthday/anniversary recognition, etc.
- Wheel of Fortune, potlucks, community events, and contests to motivate each other.
- We do some community outreach programs which is awesome.
- We have off-site meetings a few times a year. We close the office and spend time working on our agency while bonding. It's so important to know each other in a professional and personal level. Being able to do so without the phone ringing or emails to check makes a difference.
Q: What is the one thing that every company can do to make their employees happier?
- Hire slow and fire fast. Have a great hiring system that does not allow anyone into your culture that is not a good fit. They might have all the skills in the world and be a top prospect, but if they don't fit your culture, you should probably pass.
- Show recognition and be appreciative.
- Understand and allow time to take care of family situations and or emergencies.
- Communication is the key.
- Every company should engage in off-site team-building events. I think this helps the team build strong work relationships.
- Maintain a strong, consistent ideology
- Trust employees. I've worked at agencies where the mentality is everyone is replaceable. While that's true, for that to be the focal point, it can make you feel like your leader does not value you. People who don't feel valued don't work as hard or are not as loyal as those who feel valued. You become invested in the agency when you feel like you're a valuable member. The mentality becomes, "my leader would stand by me, and that makes me want to stand by them." The focus is off of me and switches to doing what it takes to take care of and grow our agency.
Q: If you could describe your work culture in three words, what would they be?
- Caring. Dynamic. Rewarding.
- Team. Respect. Support.
- Caring. Dedicated. Fun.
- Trust. Dedication. Amazing.
- Positive. Happy. Hardworking.
- Passionate. Motivated. Fun.
- Interactive. Gregarious. Caring.
- Respect. Team. Support.
- Trust. Adaptability. Purpose.
- Trust. Knowledgeable. Unity.
- Evolving. Fun. Rewarding.