The results are in, and College Hunks Hauling and Moving is a winner of the TINYpulse Raising the Bar Award in the Transportation & Logistics Industry, with one of the most-improved happiness scores over a period of six months.
You’re probably wondering how we measure workplace happiness ...
Once a month, we ask employees at over 500 companies around the world how happy they are at work. We separated each the companies into 14 different industries then calculated the average happiness score for each organization.
About College Hunks Hauling and Moving
College Hunks and Hauling is the only national moving company that offers home movers, office movers, junk removal, donation pick ups, and moving labor services across the United States and Canada.
They're a group of fun, friendly, and fantastic individuals that really care about the work they put in. Of course, that doesn't just stem from nothing. It comes from feeling valued on the job and having their voices heard. Now that's what we call employee engagement.
We got a chance to speak with the team to go behind the scenes at the organization and find out what makes College Hunks and Hauling one of the best places to work. They crowdsourced their answers from their team, so let's take a look at what they had to say.
Q: What was the funniest recognition you’ve ever received?
- "dun dun dun dunnnnnnn! You're welcome — thanks for always shining a bright spot on our clients and my day!"
- "For sinking a golf putt during our daily huddle after completely miss-hitting the shot."
- I won a "Third Place Award for Best Decorated Halloween Cubicle." I laughed upon receiving the award because I worked really hard while having so much fun with my coworkers to dress up my cube and earn the win from the voters aka my coworkers.
- "You be da bomb-dot-com! those rebuttles doe!"
Q: What was the happiest moment at work?
- My happiest moment at work was when I had received my first-ever CEO Hero award. It felt so good knowing that I was excelling at my job.
- Seeing one of my team members win Hunk of the Month.
- Happiest moment at work was when I got recognized publicly within a few short weeks of working at the company.
- When I topped the Commission Board twice in a row. Whoop Whoop!
Q: What kind of fun activities does your company participate in?
- All kinds of things! Bowling, sports events, etc.
- Daily Huddle, corporate outings (sports, recreation, development), charities, and donations
- Cakes every month to celebrate everyone's birthdays!
- Team building at a go-kart track
- Team building at an amusement park
- Team bonding at the bowling alley
- Sports events
- Holiday celebrations
- Weekly contests
- Baseball Games, beach outing's, company patrties, etc. CHHJ definitely takes good care of their employees.
Q: What is the one thing that every company can do to make their employees happier?
- Providing recognition for the good things agents are doing
- Listen, act, and provide feedback
- Paid holidays and time-and-a-half for all employees, including hourly employees.
- They should get some pointers from CHHj. They know how to take care of their employees.
Q: If you could describe your work culture in three words, what would they be?
- Fun yet efficient!
- Relaxed, fun, improving
- Unique, enthusiastic, motivating