TINYcon is now in its third year. It’s getting bigger, better, and remains a truly unique conference experience. If you need convincing - or approval to attend - here are the top reasons to ensure you attend TINYcon 2018. It's Wednesday, September 12th through Friday, September 14th at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront.
Find your tribe.
There’s something remarkable about reading through the feedback forms from TINYcons in 2016 and 2017. While many themes emerge, the quotes that use the most exclamation points are ones like these:
“The learning/sharing environment is contagious and inspiring!”
"It's the best networking event by far! The structure of TINYcon gets everyone inspired and excited to embrace engagement and culture change. It's exciting to be around people of high caliber and such diverse perspectives!”
“Great opportunity to hear how others are doing/making culture changes in their companies. Awesome to take a minute outside of your normal duties and get a fresh breath of inspiration for making your company better!!”
This one didn’t have exclamation points, but it’s my favorite:
“If you are a culture junkie - then you must go. This is your tribe. These are your people.”
Come to work on Monday the 17th with a new plan.
TINYcon prioritizes practice over theory. As a TINYcon attendee, you’ll receive exclusive insights from case studies, cutting-edge developments in employee experience from TINYpulse’s research team, and successful strategies from our brilliant speakers and attendees.
Whether you’re a Chief People and Culture Officer, a CEO, or a first-time manager, TINYcon 2018 will leave you inspired to improve your organization’s employee experience - but more importantly, it will leave you better prepared to make necessary changes.
Hear from expert speakers.
TINYcon is dedicated to bringing you authoritative, accessible, and entertaining speakers who are shaping the future of HR. You can look at our confirmed speaker list in detail here - but I’m going to give you one sentence that sums up why each speaker will give you a ton to think about.
This year’s theme is Engineering Your Employee Experience. Our speakers are some of the most qualified and admired leaders in their industries:
- Howard Behar, Former President of Starbucks: Howard, known especially for his "servant leadership", participated in the growth of the company from only 28 stores to over 15,000 stores spanning five continents.
- Lisa Brummel, Owner of the Seattle Storm, and former Executive VP for Human Resources at Microsoft: Throughout her career, Lisa has engaged in the “business of people” whether in team sports or corporate settings and strives to bring out the best in whatever the situation has to offer.
- Margaret Wheeler, Chief People and Culture Officer at Stitch Fix: Margaret was a keynote speaker at the very first TINYcon, and Stitch Fix’s journey has only gotten more fascinating since then.
- Mike Volpe, CMO at Cybereason: Mike was the 5th employee at HubSpot; now he’s taking Cybereason to new heights with his employee-centric leadership.
- Sarah Bird, CEO at Moz: Sarah’s a visionary - she’s stewarded the rapid growth of Moz while remaining committed to a culture of inclusivity.
- Heather Younger, Founder of Customer Fanatix: The best-selling author of The 7 Intuitive Laws Of Employee Loyalty, Heather works with leaders around the country to improve employee experiences (read and hear more in this post in our Leadership Warriors series).
- Kevin McMullin, Founder and Managing Partner at CollegeWise: Kevin has an astounding track record - only two employees have voluntarily departed CollegeWise in the last four years, and both have returned to the company.
- Keara Duggan, Partner at Education Elements: Keara’s an author and speaker with a wealth of experience; she’s facilitated change at more than 500 organizations.
The list is growing - be sure to check the TINYcon site for updates!
TINYpulse will offer certification for new users and advanced users: TINYpulse 101: Best Practices to Advance Engagement, and TINYpulse 202: Maximizing Data and Insights. Attendees can receive 3 re-certification credits from SHRM for each session.
Your presenters will be experts who know the best practices for every instance, and you’ll have time for round table discussions and activities with classmates.
Whether you’re just getting to know TINYpulse or are already a power user, these sessions offer hands-on instruction and guidance you can’t get anywhere else.
Do all the above in a gorgeous setting.
Have you seen Seattle in September? How about from this view?
Seattle in September is an enchanted place, and you’ll have a beautiful view from the waterfront. The conference is right near the landmarks you know (it’s walking distance to Pike Place Market and a short trip to the Space Needle) and a bunch you might not be familiar with.
Our popular Dine Around program will give you a literal and figurative taste of one of the best food cities in America - and a chance for intimate conversations with your tribe.
If you need Seattle recommendations, leave a comment! Or, come find me at TINYcon - I grew up in Seattle and got married here. (In September!)
TINYcon is the conference you’ve been waiting for. Don’t wait any longer - register today!