Need a new resolution heading into 2018? Forget dieting and gym memberships. Why not commit to being a better manager and growing happier employees?
This resolution isn’t as hard as you may think. You can get started by updating your Twitter feed to show the latest news in employee engagement, leadership, and HR best practices. By reading one article a day, you can improve yourself and influence your company.
Not sure where to begin? Here is a list of 9 HR thought-leaders to get you started:
Steve is a leading voice across multiple HR channels. He co-hosts the HR Happy Hour Show and Podcast and generates great content for Fistful of Talent. Through his twitter, Steve shares interesting videos, audio recordings, and articles that span a wide range of HR topics.
Examples of Steve’s Tweets:
- From the Big Fundamental, via @kris_dunn VIDEO: Using BHAGs as a Goal Setting Technique for High Performers… http://bit.ly/2l09789
- #HRHappyHour - CHART OF THE DAY: When does work usually get done? - A few years ago I wrote about a study that concluded that the optimal day/time to conduct a job interview was exactly 10:30a.m. http://bit.ly/2l09789
Meghan is CEO of Talent Culture, an online community that enables deeper exploration of the human side of business. Meghan places special focus on #worktrends and shares rich articles on culture change, leadership, and other HR best practices.
Examples of Meghan’s tweets:
- The 5 Ps of Culture Management: http://bit.ly/2kYUPV4
- How to Navigate a Successful Culture Transformation Process (Part 1) — very informative article by @_ShaneGreen (@_SGEi President): http://hrmfv.co/2g28 via @achievers#WorkplaceCulture#Leadership #CultureTransformation
Brigette is the EVP of Human Resources at SAP. She leverages her twitter to share insights ranging from culture change and the future of work, to digital transformation and diversity in the workplace.
Examples of Brigette’s tweets:
- Has #HR gone punk? @StefanRies66 on how @SAP is leading the new era of on-boarding: https://buff.ly/2AwMO01 #SAPHR #HRPunks #HRLT
- A new challenge: Recruiting for jobs that don't exist yet http://bit.ly/2BLREU9
Laszlo is the former SVP of People Ops at Google who published “Work Rules”, which shares insights from his time at Google that are intended to help readers change the way they live and lead. Laszlo’s twitter account is a blend of personal thoughts and shared insights from the world of People Ops.
Examples of Laszlo’s tweets:
- We all wait too long to fire "brilliant jerks." But it's almost always the right thing to do. http://bit.ly/2kPjOtF
- Check out this excerpt from Work Rules! by @LaszloBock to figure out how to ascertain the best talent! http://bit.ly/2cB92RF
Jason is a leader focused on global talent acquisition and diversity. He draws from is expertise as founder of Recruiters.Network to share meaningful insights in talent recruitment.
Examples of Jason’s tweets:
- The Key to Increasing Diversity in the Tech Industry >> http://tinyurl.com/y7wzbmmv #recruiting #hr #diversity
- 2017 #Job Trend Prediction 3: Shifts away from "flashy benefit packages" #Tech#TalentTrends#recruiting@GDforEmployers
Ben is a human capital industry analyst, co-founder of the HRRevolution movement, and writer for upstartHR. Ben uses twitter to share HR research findings and blog posts with industry insights on topics including performance management and the employee experience.
Examples of Ben’s tweets:
- Talent Mobility as a Key Business Practice - Lighthouse Research & Advisory http://bit.ly/2Au8IBV
- How to Radically Change Your Performance Management Practice [Podcast] | upstartHR http://bit.ly/2B6yD1D
Alexander is the Chief Happiness Officer at Woohoo inc and author of multiple books, including “Leading with Happiness” and “Happy Hour is 9 to 5.” Alexander uses twitter to share research pieces and other content about happiness in the workplace.
Examples of Alexander’s tweets:
- Yale professor: Trying to motivate people with bonuses, raises and promotions make us LESS motivated, effective and happy at work. http://bit.ly/2z1P8KS
- Alexander Kjerulf: Bad Leaders Cause Unhappy Employees http://bit.ly/2iSDusA
Lan is the co-founder and CEO of ManageUP PRM. She focuses on driving employee engagement within healthcare to enhance patient care. Lan uses twitter to share leadership and employee engagement insights that, though more specific to the healthcare industry, can be applied to leaders at all levels.
Examples of Lan’s tweets:
- 5 Creative Strategies to Boost Employee Engagement https://buff.ly/2n13h78
- Behavioral analytics, simplified: 7 things for hospital leaders to know https://buff.ly/2A51fYN
Ally is a leader in employee engagement with extensive experience in creative communication. Ally uses twitter to share a range of HR insights with a specific focus on employee engagement and the employee experience.
Examples of Ally’s tweets:
- Keep your people engaged & they'll thrive no matter where their desk is #EmployeeEngagement #workplace @domprice http://bit.ly/2nSrJYM
- What makes #culture stick? On point @hrbartender #HR #EmployeeEngagement http://bit.ly/2jPmqVm
Now that you know where to start, are you ready to take action? Spend a few minutes a day challenging assumptions and learning something new. It may change the way you think and improve your leadership.
Find a great article you would like to share with the TINYpulse network? Let us know! Tweet your favorite articles and tag us @TINYpulse.